The 20-Something's Chronicles of an LA Life

Sneak a peek into the life of a single, 20-something female who is not in the entertainment industry and who does not have fake breasts. Yes, we do exist. What you are about to read is based on fact and is not for the weak of stomach. You have been warned.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Tunes and Pimps

Last night we attended a killer concert at the Roxy in Hollywood. We saw Matt Nathanson and Carbon Leaf. And if you ever get the chance to see either of these bands, do it – they kick ass. I even found the lead singer of Carbon Leaf’s what I assume to be drug-induced love affair with his mic stand thoroughly amusing.

Unfortunately for the bands, the crowd was a little, how do you say, BORING. The three of us could not figure out why (because we so were not), with two rockin’ bands in a tiny venue, the rest of the crowd wasn’t, oh I don’t know – MOVING. It was as if someone had passed out some of the People’s Temple Kool-aid to all the attendees with the exception of us. They just stood there – staring at these guys who were rocking out like mad. I wanted to personally walk around and smack everyone into oblivion – or at least wake them up.

But instead, we, as Irene Cara once said, heard the music, closed our eyes, felt the rhythm, and danced for our lives. Ok, maybe not that ridiculous, but we definitely had a brilliant time. Too bad for the other duds.

As we exited the bar to head to the car (sweet – rhyming), Lyn disappeared into the side lot where, apparently the bands were packing up their stuff. Rad, I thought. I’ll go visit with them too. But I was stopped. By a pimp. Wearing a cow pelt. With only 4-5 teeth.Awesome. His name was BJ (oh – shocking) and he was a genuine pimp.

He was extremely flattering regarding my back side. My friend Erin asked him if he wanted to hire me. He agreed. I spit out my Diet Coke. He then proceeded to tell me to turn around and let him smack my ass with his leather whip. Had there not been 9 gillion people standing around me, I wouldn’t have obliged, but, I knew it was all in good fun, and hell, I’ll give BJ and cracking he’ll always remember. But I wasn’t stopping there – I needed to show BJ that I was a real woman – not a woman he could control.

I turned his ass around and smacked him right back. Erin then took her own turn. Damn straight, that’s how we roll.

Meanwhile, Lyn was making friends with the band.

Ahhhhhh, another lovely evening in LA LA Land. Here’s the links for Matt Nathanson and Carbon Leaf, just in case you feel so inclined.

http://www.mattnathanson.com/
http://www.carbonleaf.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home