The 20-Something's Chronicles of an LA Life

Sneak a peek into the life of a single, 20-something female who is not in the entertainment industry and who does not have fake breasts. Yes, we do exist. What you are about to read is based on fact and is not for the weak of stomach. You have been warned.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

She'll Be Jumpin' On The Wagon When She Comes

Have you felt a little breeze going up your skirt?

Hell hath frozen over.

This girl is on the wagon.

Now before you completely lose consciousness from the shock, it's only temporary. I actually started a week and a half ago, but, it's been semi-smooth sailing since. I'm planning on carrying it out another week or two, at least until the Tom Petty and Snow Patrol concerts at the end of the month (WAHOO).

Still stunned, my wide-eyed friends? Let me stun you even further. I even made it through the Ohio State - Texas game without a frosty beverage. "Holy crap." That's what you're thinking. I know it.

Now, what prompted me to do this? Well, first of all, it's healthy, my peeps. Just because I have an obsession with cheeseburgers and fries doesn't mean I don't like to keep it healthy once in a while. But, above everything, I got a little incentive from a friend. He was told by his doctor that he needs to quit drinking due to some crazy stuff going on in his liver (no worries - he's fine). After two months, without changing anything in his life other than jumping on the wagon, he'd lost 20 lbs. I didn't believe him, because I'm convinced it's because his wife makes him eat jello for lunch, but, he insisted. 20lbs. Impressive.


So I thought I'd try it. Summer is technically over and I've had enough creative biking (AKA: biking incidents) to last me a lifetime so what did I have to lose?

And so far it's good stuff. All jello aside, I've lost 4 lbs and have had zero, count them, ZERO creative biking. Although, I do find myself at times, after a hard day in the office, staring longingly at the killer bottles of wine I have chillin' on my bar, but I resist, tell them I'll see them later and grab some refreshing h2o.

"Rachel, does this mean that you're going to be boring now?"

Of course not my loves, and actually, life has been a little on the yawn side of town lately, so, perhaps this will actually jump-start my zest and zeal for a little action and attraction.

And I must mention the fact that I actually discovered I'm pretty damn close to millionaire status when I'm not raging around town buying everyone and their half-brother a drink. Ok, maybe not a millionaire, but, there are definitely quite a few more benjamins hanging out in my bank account than before. A benjamin party. I likey.

So that's that. A small twist in the life of Rachel. But sometimes, it's good to change it up.

Anyone want to jump on with me? Yah, didn't think so. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home